Everyone should have the opportunity to experience the great sport of rowing. Our summer camps are the perfect time for your middle-schooler to try his/her hand at rowing before they decide whether they want to pursue the sport in high-school.
Camps will run for 2-week sessions, Monday-Friday from 9-3pm.
Session #1 – June 20 – July 1
Session #2 – July 5 – July 15 *note this session will start on Tuesday due to July 4 holiday.
Session #3 – July 18 – July 29
Session #4 – August 1 – August 12
Session #5 – August 15 – August 26
Each day will include:
- Two on the water sessions (9-11:30 & 12:30-2:30)
- General strength and fitness activities.
- Outings to nearby DC landmarks.
- Rising 8th or 9th graders will learn sweep rowing (1 oar per rower), while rising 6th and 7th graders will spend most of their time in sculling boats (2 oars per rower).
Counselors/Coaches are an awesome group of enthusiastic rowing coaches alongside experienced rowers from our racing team who are excited to share their love for the sport with your future rowers!
Campers should bring the following items to camp each day:
- Water bottle (can be refilled at the boathouse)
- Lunch, and most of all….
A great attitude!